Sunday, May 2, 2010

California Dreaming - San Francisco - Part 1

It's funny how I've been at the SFO airport so many times to transfer flights but have never really expericenced San Francisco( apart from a great selection of food at the SFO airport..). Considering San Francisco is only 2 hours of flight away (despite my bad luck with flight cancallations..oh Air Canada, I love you!), Bman and I have decided to go there and check it out. We immediately fell in love with the beautiful scenary, the scrumptious food and the sunny Cali weather. Now I finally understand why so many people would love to move to SF, I would love to live in those cute townhouses in San Francisco too!

We found a great deal to stay at
the Palace Hotel in the heart of the financial district in SF. It's only 2-3 blocks away from the Union Square. It's a great hotel with the most beautiful garden court cafe, and also an indoor roof top pool. This hotel was rebuilt in 1909 after the devastation earthquake in SF, despite the age of the hotel, it's been newly renovated and the rooms have a 7 ft high ceiling.

Pictures from the hotel's website:










Pictures of the hotel with our camera:



The clubhouse

the awesome rooftop pool

Around Union Square:


They manually push the car at the final stop





The 4-storey Forever 21 store

at the Diesel store

Westfield Mall, reminds me of Vegas






I am tired and I am gonna get some sleep, that's all for now..more pictures to come in my next post :) Ta ta
Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment